- s characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance
- s characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
an egotistical disregard of others
- Some members of the President's inner circle, however, are a bit embarrassed by the genially egotistic rabbi.
- It's commitment, it's a kind of self-confidence which can be egotistic and arrogant.
- To his credit, the actor-director-adapter approached this job not as a solemn duty or an egotistic stunt, but in the sensible belief that the greatest work in dramatic literature .
News & Articles
- Burgundy pitches Chrysler
Ron Burgundy, the egotistic TV anchorman from the 2004 movie starring Will Ferrell, is the new pitchman for Chrysler.
Oct. 9, 2013 - Erie Times-News
- W Somerset Maugham in Salem-News.Com
Somerset Maugham said, "The common idea that success spoils people by making them vain, egotistic, and self-complacent is erroneous; on the contrary, it makes them, for the most part, humble, tolerant, and kind. Failure makes people cruel and...
- Robert Fico in Sofia Echo
Mr. Fico says it is "egotistic and arrogant" that the legislaton is introduced without consultation with his government.
- William James in ChristianityToday.com
The axis of reality,James concluded, "runs solely through the egotistic places-they are strung upon it like so many beads," and God, Kazin surmised, cannot be a person but is instead "a property of the human mind inquiring into the...