- n a state of reduced excitement or anxiety that is induced by the administrative of a sedative agent
- n the administration of a sedative agent or drug
- Adrianna Williams zefa Corbis Terminal sedation is the decision to keep dying patients, who cannot be made comfortable in any other way, unconscious until they die.
- She was adamant about not going under, but agreed to "some sedation" if we thought it was necessary.
- As for the type of sedation a doctor will aim for in a given operation, there are no hard-and-fast rules.
News & Articles
- Austin Dental Center Announces Use of Drug-Free Sedation Technique Using NuCalm System
Dr. John Glennon of the Austin Dental Center is pleased to announce a new approach to alleviating the anxiety that many dental patients experience during office visits. The revolutionary NuCalm system is a drug-free sedation technique that involves a combination of reducing the sensory experiences of the patient, application of gentle electrical pulses and a dietary supplement that blocks ...
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Concert Pharmaceuticals Initiates Phase 1 Clinical Trial of CTP-354, a Potential Treatment for Spasticity and Pain
Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced that it has initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial with CTP-354. CTP-354 is a novel GABAA receptor subtype-selective modulator that has demonstrated no sedation at therapeutic doses in preclinical models in contrast to existing GABAA receptor non-selective agonists, such as benzodiazepines.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Brandon Dental Practice, Germany Dental, Launches New Website to Educate Patients on Cosmetic and Sedation Dentistry
Brandon, MS Dental Practice, Germany Dental, Improves Thousands of Patient’s Lives with the Use of Sedation Dentistry (PRWeb June 07, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10809357.htm
June 7, 2013 - PRWeb
- Jon Stanhope in The Age
The kangaroos should be removed from BNTS by the most humane method suitable for that site,Mr Stanhope said. "The commissioner's expert panel advises that the most humane approach would be sedation by darting, then euthanasia by lethal...
- Andrew Caddick in CricInfo.com
I had a cortisone injection in my back under sedation in Musgrove on Saturday and things seem to have settled down,Caddick told the Somerset website. "I am now having a lot of physiotherapy and hoping to start bowling again next week....
- Pete Doherty in Fametastic
While he's been made several unsuccessful attempts at beating his addictions over the last few years, Pete believes this time will be different: "They gave me an anti-drugs implant. I was under very, very heavy sedation. Then they gave me a sticker...