- r in a scathing and unsparing manner
she criticized him scathingly
- While Saxbe is scathingly critical of Nixon's handling of the Watergate investigation, his views are not especially at variance with those of the White House.
- In an incident that London's Daily Express scathingly called "the most gross and scandalous lapse of security in her 30-year reign," Queen Elizabeth II was abruptly awakened by an .
- This untested theory was at odds with what Lysenko scathingly called "alien bourgeois" genetics, but Soviet scientists who dared disagree risked being sent to the gulag.
News & Articles
- Concert Review: Richard Thompson at the Kent Stage
With a beret, scarf, salmon pink Fender and a scathingly thick British accent, Richard Thompson took the Kent Stage by storm last night with hard hitting rock songs uncharacteristic of the artist’s folk reputation.
July 8, 2013 - Cleveland Scene