- n erect leafless flower stalk growing directly from the ground as in a tulip
- n (architecture) upright consisting of the vertical part of a column
- The preferred vehicle of cinematic aliens have dominated the space-scape of the silver screen since the early 1950's.
- Then, gaining confidence with every step, the two jumped and loped across the barren land scape for 2 hrs.
- The cool thing about this digital scare-scape is how fidelity to Miller's vision liberated Rodriguez and the cast.
News & Articles
- Some Notable Naughty Ad Campaigns
Jell-O and Kmart are wholesome, buttoned-up brands, right? Not anymore. Hungry for attention in a younger and freer online media scape, these Midwest marketers are taking profane wordplay—already a familiar gimmick among brands more on the fringe—and making implied naughty talk into a mainstream advertising phenomenon. Done right, these tricks can surprise audiences and go viral. But do they ...
June 17, 2013 - AdWeek
- A Handy Guide For Comparing Spying Vs. Terrorism Disaster Scenarios
The week’s news has been a fear-mongering marathon between civil libertarians who are convinced we’re on the road to becoming North Korea, and security hawks who are building bunkers for the inevitable post-cyberattack hell scape. Unfortunately, because the most important facts about the National Security Agency’s surveillance programs are top secret, the entire debate has consisted of fear ...
June 16, 2013 - TechCrunch
- Jerry Phillips at Butler Center
Jerry Phillips ' last one-man show in Little Rock, you may remember, was "Into Thin Air" at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in 2009, a show inspired by his thoughts on the myth of the Yeti. Gallery director Brad Cushman and Phillips talk about conceptual art in the UALR video below. Now Phillips brings a collection of drawings, "Get a Simple Landscape," to the Butler Center Galleries ...
June 14, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- Barack Obama in Forbes
The divisions, the stereotypes, the scape-goating, the ease with which we blame the plight of ourselves on others, all of that distracts us from the common challenges we face: war and poverty; inequality and injustice,Obama said. "We can...
- Thomas McGuane in Edmonton Journal
A fairly short novel with a time scape of half a century that seems to have left out nothing important is a bit of a miracle,McGuane wrote, later adding: "But nothing should suggest that his superb novel is so embedded in its sources as to...