- n a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud
- Ironically, the 60-year-old Weinstein, who calls Madoff a "beast" and a "monster," has done more than anyone else to humanize the inscrutable investment scammer, painting him as an .
- Facebook won't say how many accounts were compromised last week, but a rep notes that the site has never had a scammer hack more than a small fraction of its accounts, adding .
- I spent some time with alleged mega-scammer Bernard Madoff last fall.
News & Articles
- BBB sees an increase in medical telephone scams
The latest version of fraud that's hitting people's wallets and affecting their safety. SPRINGFIELD, Mo - It's a phone call you hope to never get; a scammer posing as a company representative to get your personal information.
June 10, 2013 - KY3 Springfield
- Rite Aid scam targets elderly woman
By GABRIELLE LEVY, UPI.com Scammers tried to trick an elderly woman into purchasing a $500 prepaid card, telling her she had won $18,000 from Rite Aid.
June 10, 2013 - UPI
- Chili finger scammer headed back to prison
Chili finger scammer headed back to prison A woman who made international headlines when she lied about finding a severed finger in a bowl of chili at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose is expected to return to prison for concocting another tale - that someone had shot her son, a prosecutor said Wednesday. Anna Ayala, 47, and her son, Guadalupe Reyes, 26, who live separately in San Jose, allegedly ...
June 6, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Lance James in Washington Post
Basically we're at the point where the scammer can go into the virtual tackle store and buy all the equipment he needs to get a phishing scam working,said Lance James, founder of security-software developer Secure Science. "There's the guy...
- Richard Blumenthal in istockAnalyst.com (press release)
I am pleased that AT&T listened to my concerns and agreed to let Connecticut customers block all non-AT&T charges,Blumenthal said. "This block is a powerful fraud fighter, scuttling scammer access to consumer bills."
- Terry Goddard in AZ Central.com
The threat of violence is a new tactic,said Goddard in the statement. "We have not seen one before that threatens physical harm, but the goal of the scammer to get money is familiar. It is important that Arizona residents understand this...