- n (Old Testament) the first king of the Israelites who defended Israel against many enemies (especially the Philistines)
- n (New Testament) a Christian missionary to the Gentiles; author of several Epistles in the New Testament; even though Paul was not present at the Last Supper he is considered an Apostle
News & Articles
- West Africa piracy surge endangering commodities shipping
By Jonathan Saul LONDON (Reuters) - Pirate attacks off West Africa's mineral-rich Gulf of Guinea have almost doubled from last year and threaten to increase the costs and jeopardise the shipping of commodities from the region. The Gulf of Guinea, which includes Nigeria, Ghana and Ivory Coast, is a major source of oil and cocoa and increasingly metals for world markets, although international ...
June 18, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez to train for Floyd Mayweather in Big Bear
Saul "Canelo" Alvarez says he's going to train in Big Bear to help increase his endurance in preparation for his bout with Floyd Mayweather on Sept. 14.
June 15, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- What is Saul Alvarez’s Secret Weapon Against Floyd Mayweather?
COMMENTARY | One way or another, history will be made on September 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas when the undefeated and seemingly unbeatable Floyd Mayweather meets the undefeated 23-year-old dynamo, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.
June 15, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Philip Roth in FOXNews
To my mind, Saul Bellow and William Faulkner form the backbone of 20th-century American literature,Roth said in a statement given to The Associated Press.