- Modern scientists have done a far better job of things, dividing the brain into multiple, discrete regions with satisfyingly technical names--hypothalamus, caudate nucleus .
- Her singing voice is satisfyingly low, delightfully sandy, bewitchingly intimate, and her vocal style is almost like speaking, conveying a rare sense of lucidity and conviction.
- Season 2 of HBO's In Treatment remains TV's most satisfyingly cerebral drama simply by talking, over and over, about age-old woes: family, regret, sex, mortality.
- Ben Brantley in Reuters
A study in the tension between civilized surface and savage instinct, this play ...... is itself a satisfyingly primitive entertainment with an intellectual veneer,Brantley wrote.
- Herbert Gold in Lew Rockwell
Herbert Gold wrote of it in the Los Angeles Times, "A satisfyingly virulent, comical, absurd, deeply grieving true portrait of how things work today in the sleek factories of conglomerate book producers...... a skillful novel of manners - of very...
- Kevin Smith in The Standard
Director Kevin Smith, a self-described hardcore, posted one of the first reviews on the Internet: "This flick is so satisfyingly tragic, you'll think you're watching Othello or Hamlet. "