- n a hospital for recuperation or for the treatment of chronic diseases
- n pejorative terms for an insane asylum
- Five years later, after a nervous breakdown and a stay in a Swiss sanatorium in Lausanne, he published The Waste Land.
- The sanatorium grew until it had 52 buildings and a staff of 144.
- But Allingham, now undergoing lung treatment at a Swiss sanatorium, cares little if critics point out that saucer pictures have been faked in the past with lampshades, garbage .
News & Articles
- Silvercrest’s New Life
Silvercrest Sanatorium is being turned into a senior-living facility. Silvercrest’s New Life George Dwight
July 19, 2013 - Louisville.com