- n edible root of the salsify plant
- n Mediterranean biennial herb with long-stemmed heads of purple ray flowers and milky sap and long edible root; naturalized throughout United States
- n either of two long roots eaten cooked
- If a mike-scared quizee can think of spinach, cannot remember squash or salsify, he wins only $2, and the remaining $4 goes into a jackpot.
News & Articles
- Satisfy with salsify's subtle flavor
Salsify is popular among many chefs; it is versatile, has health benefits and is tasty.
July 17, 2013 - U-T San Diego
- SALSIFY OFFERS SUBTLE FLAVOR
Although gaining popularity among restaurant chefs, salsify is seldom found in crisper drawers across America.
July 16, 2013 - U-T San Diego