- n (military) the part of the line of battle that projects closest to the enemy
- s having a quality that thrusts itself into attention
- a (of angles) pointing outward at an angle of less than 180 degrees
- s represented as leaping (rampant but leaning forward)
- The President read out the salient features of the Government policy in the joint session of the Parliament.
- Its most salient feature was its slowness, a rate of acceleration you could measure with a calendar.
- This, indeed, is its salient redeeming quality.
News & Articles
- Four Android App Design Guidelines You Should Break
Some of Google's examples are misleading to new app developers, leading to awful UX. Here are four salient examples--plus four unwritten rules you should know. While Google’s Android Developer Guidelines do help developers create better apps, there are a number of places where usability and common sense should win out over standards. Of course, before you set about breaking the rules, you'll ...
June 11, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Salient Federal Solutions Creates Mobility Center Of Excellence
Salient Federal Solutions, Inc. (Salient), a leading provider of information technology, engineering, and intelligence analytic services to agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, cyber security, and federal civilian markets,recently announced the launch of the new Salient Mobility Center of Excellence (MCoE), a center focused on implementing mobility solutions across Salient’s ...
June 6, 2013 - Field Technologies Online
- Dr. Craigan L Gray and Pauline Clark Join Salient's Healthcare Analytics Division
Salient Management Company has announced two new key roles in its Public Sector and Healthcare division selecting Craigan L. Gray, MD, MBA, JD, CPE as Chief Medical Officer, and Pauline Clark as VP of ...
June 6, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Prince Charles in UK Express
Prince Charles said: "Harry was involved in numerous bouts of heavy fighting on the front line. Tragically, one night in September 1917 when in the morass in the Ypres Salient a German shrapnel shell burst overhead, badly wounding Harry and killing...
- Julian Knight in Independent Online
The salient difference was that Simon Mazibuko was in a far worse condition as he had terminal cancer. Whereas Schabir Shaik only has high blood pressure,said Knight. "I just think he's extremely lucky given his condition...... Many other...
- Jack Idema in Washington Post
In his lawsuit, Idema accused the AP of ignoring truths about his work in Afghanistan to generate a "hot salient and torrid story of abuse in Afghanistan" to compete with a CBS story about allegations of torture at the Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq.