- s having a quality that thrusts itself into attention
a new theory is the most prominent feature of the book
- s conspicuous in position or importance
a prominent citizen
- Both soft-spoken and outspoken, Al-Rawi was entirely comfortable being a professor of geology and a prominent member of the Association of Muslim Scholars Iraq's main Sunni .
- Stevens is the most prominent figure in the FBI's ongoing investigation of public corruption in Alaska.
- The extent of the ETIM's tactical capabilities and its connections to other more prominent terrorist outfits remains unclear.
News & Articles
- The St. George’s Club in Bermuda Signs with Interval International
Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services and an operating business of Interval Leisure Group , and The St. George’s Club, announced that the exclusive shared ownership resort, The St.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Prominent Hong Kong Media Owner, Chen Ping, Beaten in Street
A prominent publisher and outspoken critic of the current Hong Kong administration and its ties to Beijing was assaulted after work on June 3, the eve of the city’s enormous Tiananmen Square massacre anniversary vigil. Chen Ping is the billionaire … The post Prominent Hong Kong Media Owner, Chen Ping, Beaten in Street appeared first on The Epoch Times .
June 10, 2013 - The Epoch Times
- Prominent East German artist Willi Sitte dies at 92
BERLIN (Reuters) - Willi Sitte, one of the most prominent painters of former Communist East Germany, whose talent also brought him recognition in the West, has died at the age of 92 after a long illness, German media reported on Saturday. Sitte was one of the leading representatives of East Germany's officially-sanctioned "socialist realism" style, depicting everyday scenes relevant to workers ...
June 8, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
I've got to own up to my mistake, which is that ultimately it's important for this administration to send a message that there aren't two sets of rules. You know, one for prominent people and one for ordinary folks who have to pay their taxes,...