- n the seed of the cereal grass
- n hardy annual cereal grass widely cultivated in northern Europe where its grain is the chief ingredient of black bread and in North America for forage and soil improvement
- n whiskey distilled from rye or rye and malt
- Famed for their telescopic eyesight, grain traders long ago spotted a poor rye harvest for this July.
- Said one Chicago grain trader last week, "There's a lot of funny business going on in the rye market.
- In the wartime rye marketthe one grain on which there were no ceilingsthe sky was the limit on the wild speculation.
News & Articles
- Pelham rugby grabs Atlantic Cup; Rye Y gymnasts excel
Clara Farres, Maiyah Johnson, Leah Martins, Nutsa Beradze and Olivia Abbot of the Rye YMCA gymnastics team. / Submitted photo Rachel Waxenberg, Lily Donohue and Chloe Schettino of the Rye YMCA gymastics team.
June 15, 2013 - The Journal News
- McGill, Rye beach committee struggle with surf permit
RYE — Summer Sessions Surf Shop co-owner Tyler McGill is fighting an uphill battle in an effort to ensure the least restrictive measures are in place regarding regulations for organized surfing activities on town beaches.
June 14, 2013 - Portsmouth Herald
- Watch: Edward Norton and Martin Sheen Talk 'Catcher in the Rye' in the 'Salinger' Trailer
When you're a kid and you read 'Catcher in the Rye,' you're just like oh my god -- somebody gets it,says Edward Norton in the trailer for "Salinger," a documentary from "Savages" writer and executive producer Shane Salerno. Norton and other adoring J.D. Salinger fans like actors John Cusack, Danny DeVito and Martin Sheen, writer Tom Wolfe and Pulitzer Prize-winners A. Scott Berg and Elizabeth ...
June 14, 2013 - indieWIRE
- Dave Niehaus in Anaheim Angels
Tino was hitting a lot of grand slams at the time, and I had always used the term 'salami' for a grand slam, as a lot of us do,Niehaus said. "I remembered an expression my grandmother used, and that's when I came out with, 'Get out the rye...
- JD Salinger in National
In 1957, Salinger wrote: "I toy very seriously with the idea of leaving the unsold rights [for The Catcher in the Rye] to my wife and daughter as a kind of insurance policy. It pleasures me no end...... to know that I won't have to see the results...
- Kieren Fallon in RTE.ie
The News of the World alleges that, three hours before Tuesday's race, Fallon told their undercover journalists: "I'm actually down as the favourite. It's not very good. The horse of Jamie Osborne's is going to win the race. A horse called Rye."