- n a bar or pair of parallel bars of rolled steel making the railway along which railroad cars or other vehicles can roll
- n a chute down which logs can slide
- n a narrow platform extending from the stage into the audience in a theater or nightclub etc.
- n a strip of level paved surface where planes can take off and land
- Singapore Airlines admits that one of its 747s took off down the wrong runway, resulting in 81 deaths.
- With his debut furniture collection, runway producer Alexandre de Betak is bringing his catwalk theatrics to the world of industrial design.
- One positive effect the recession will have on fashion is to eliminate designers who really should not have runway shows.
News & Articles
- Look Both Ways Before Crossing The Runway
Our office has a national law practice. This means I get to see my fair share of the country's airports, hotels, and conference rooms. At a Father's Day bar-b-que yesterday, I mentioned that I had to travel to the Quad Cities today for some depositions. A relative who is a pilot wished me good luck given a disturbing number of runway incursions since January 2013. Seven runway incursions have ...
June 17, 2013 - Injury Board
- NYC airport builds turtle barrier to guard runway
Officials are building a 4,000-foot-long barrier to protect a runway at New York City's Kennedy Airport. But the obstacle isn't for terrorists. It's for turtles. The busy airport has been plagued in recent ...
June 15, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Runway bid opened after delay
STEUBENVILLE - Bids were opened Thursday by the Jefferson County commissioners for the runway extension project at the Jefferson County Airpark.
June 14, 2013 - The Steubenville Herald-Star
- President Bush in USA Today
Airports are very crowded, travelers are being stranded, and flights are delayed, sometimes with a full load of passengers sitting on the runway for hours,President Bush said after meeting with his top transportation officials. "We can do...
- Terry Francona in Minneapolis Star Tribune
When Derek Jeter is on second base and I got somebody coming from the league making me go down the runway, I was a little perturbed,Francona said Thursday. "Middle of the game you've got the fashion police. This is incredible."
- Prince William in FOXNews
Then I was watching the runway getting closer and closer and thinking, please, please don't mess this up,William said Thursday.