- n the act of making a noisy disturbance
- v cause a disturbance
- Kids let the rumpus begin in the school's disco-like Wonder Room.
- Turning YouTube from a sensational rumpus to a profitable corporation will require Chad and Steve to thread the company through legal disputes, hire at least 100% more employees .
- Fifteen minutes before the service starts, 100 middle schoolers are already squeezed into a basement rumpus room.
News & Articles
- Maurice Sendak Google Doodle invites users to join the Wild Things
A wild rumpus is happening on Google right now! Today’s Google Doodle celebrates what would have been the of 85th
June 10, 2013 - Entertainment Weekly
- Maurice Sendak Honored with Animated Google Doodle
Today, Google lets the wild rumpus start with an animated Doodle honoring famous American writer and illustrator Maurice Sendak. Sendak was best known for his classic 1963 children’s book Where the Wild Things Are, which has sold millions upon million …
June 10, 2013 - WebProNews
- Browse News & Features
On June 1, Cheryl Strayed taught a daylong writing and craft workshop in Petaluma. The author of Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Coast Trail , as well as the voice behind Dear Sugar , the popular advice column on The Rumpus , has a huge following, one that’s grown especially large after Wild was featured on Oprah’s Book Club. Organized by poet Albert Flynn DeSilver, Marin’s first poet ...
June 10, 2013 - North Bay Bohemian
- John Lennon in Times Online
Two years later, Lennon said in another taped interview: "The whole thing died in my mind long before all the rumpus started. We used to believe the Beatles myth just as much as the public, and we were in love with them in just the same way. But...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Kansas City Star
Let's have a raucous caucus,said Sen. Hillary Clinton in Cedar Rapids. "It reminds me of that book Where the Wild Things Are, that book I used to read to Chelsea all the time. Let the wild rumpus begin."
- Catherine Hardwicke in Deseret News
The characters are very hysterical, they're very funny, very eccentric and just a blast to read,the film's director, Catherine Hardwicke, said. "So it's not preachy. It's a wild rumpus, an anarchist's romp, about people that care...