- n a stretch of turbulent water in a river or the sea caused by one current flowing into or across another current
- n a strong surface current flowing outwards from a shore
- After he succumbed to an unforgiving riptide while bodysurfing near San Francisco's Ocean Beach on April 12 at 48, his close friend Harrod Blank remarked that Kennedy's works were .
- Like an offshore riptide that goes unnoticed from the town's beaches, the tension is hard to detect from a distance.
- This riptide of desire roars across the stage in a number called Anything Is Possible, a paean to the American dream in which Kaplan outlines his own humble wish to have a tailor .
News & Articles
- 14 & under Riptide win 6th straight in 5 Cities Tourney
The Riptide softball team continued its winning ways Saturday, June 8, as the 14-and-under squad nipped Five Cities 7-5 and edged the Clovis Bullets 5-3. Riptide, featuring five players from… Click to Continue »
June 13, 2013 - The Cambrian
- Bay Area men ready for 1,000th escape from The Rock
Not many people can say they've swam from San Francisco to Alcatraz but open water swimmers Gary Emich and Steven Hurwitz will mark their 1,000th solo crossings of the Bay Tuesday morning. Both men have been training together year-round at the South End Rowing Club three times a week for the past decade. They also hold records for Alcatraz crossings in riptide currents. "Even after a thousand ...
June 11, 2013 - KTVU
- Jonesboro man drowns in Gulf Shores, Ala.
KAIT reports that Warren H. Moore, 62, of Jonesboro drowned in the Gulf of Mexico at Gulf Shores, Ala. on Monday afternoon, the latest of four victims who drowned there in less than 24 hours due to strong currents. Baldwin County Coroner Stan Vinson said that Moore was trying to save a woman caught in a riptide near the Gulf State Pier when he was pulled under. The woman was rescued by another ...
June 11, 2013 - Arkansas Times