- n someone who has retired from active working
- If any of the Big Three go bankrupt, retirees could see lifetime-health-care promises vanish.
- It wants to shift retiree health care to a UAW trust, in what could be a template for underfunded states and cities.
- Which has turned up the pressure on retiree benefits.
- Barack Obama in New York Times
For years,Mr. Obama wrote, "US automakers and the UAW have resisted higher fuel-efficiency standards because retooling costs money, and Detroit is already struggling under huge retiree health-care costs and stiff competition."
- Robert R. Barry in CBS News
These savings are a clear positive, but retiree liability cuts are likely to see some almost immediate offsets, from ongoing health care inflation, possible Delphi liability assumption and falling long-term rates,Goldman Sachs analyst Robert...