- n a disease of the retina that can result in loss of vision
- A seven-year study of 3,654 adults, published in the journal Neurology, found that people who had retinopathy, or damage in the small blood vessels of the retina, were at least 70 .
- If the diabetic is a child, he will live to be an adult and develop miliary retinal aneurisms and diabetic retinopathy i.
- Judah Folkman in Scientific American
They are protected against cancer and also atherosclerosis and diabetic retinopathy,Folkman, who was not associated with the research, said in a telephone interview.
- Michael McGimpsey in 4ni.co.uk
Speaking at the launch, Michael McGimpsey said: "With some 3% of the population of Northern Ireland affected by diabetes, early detection of retinopathy enables treatment which can prevent serious visual loss and blindness. The screening programme,...