- n a large or extra supply of something
a reservoir of talent
- n lake used to store water for community use
- n tank used for collecting and storing a liquid (as water or oil)
- n anything (a person or animal or plant or substance) in which an infectious agent normally lives and multiplies
an infectious agent depends on a reservoir for its survival
- The incidence of algae blooms has risen steadily since the reservoir was completed in 2006.
- White bathtub rings of mineral deposits, measuring high-water marks that grow less high every year, circle the edges of the reservoir.
- In addition to correctly computing the amount of oil in the simulated reservoir, the machine was able to perform 3.
News & Articles
- Pineview Reservoir drowning victim identified
Pineview Reservoir drowning victim identified by Bob Mims The Salt Lake Tribune Published Jun 11, 2013 10:06AM MDT The Weber County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday released the identity of a man who drowned in Pineview Reservoir over the weekend. Sheriff’s Lt. Mark Lowther said that Tommy Laliemthavixay, 26, of Kearns, went under while swimming at the reservoir’s Cemetery Point on Sunday afternoon ...
June 11, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Threat to Water Reservoir Pushes 'Frozen Conflict' Back in the Spotlight
VIENNA, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The threat to the lives of more than 400,000 people living beneath a dangerously run-down reservoir in Armenian-occupied Nagorno-Karabakh has forced this so-called ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Pineview Reservoir drowning victim named
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC 4 Utah)- Tommy Laliemthavixay, 26, of Kerns, Utah, drowned while swimming in Pine View reservoir Sunday, June 9.
June 11, 2013 - ABC 4 Salt Lake City
- Jerry Jones in Forbes
Before he joined the Cowboys, he built up a reservoir of doubt,Jerry Jones said. "He had created with his actions no benefit of the doubt."
- Norman Ornstein in FOXNews
There's a real reservoir of affection for him, but also an understanding that he more than anybody has been the glue keeping the place together,said Norman Ornstein, a congressional scholar with the American Enterprise Institute.
- Donald Rumsfeld in International Herald Tribune
As President, his personal character helped to restore the reservoir of trust in government and its leaders that is needed for our system to function effectively,Rumsfeld said.