- n surgical removal of part of a structure or organ
- He has special interests in a variety of laparoscopic techniques, including surgery for severe obesity, anti-reflux surgery, esophageal surgery, colon resection, and adrenalectomy .
- The nature of the operation (resection is the removal of the whole or part of a lung) indicated the presence of either a growth (tumor or cancer) or an abscess (caused by .
- Besides lowering blood pressure rhizotomy or splanchnic resection "leads to disappearance of perspiration on the legs and lower abdomen, increases the warmth of these parts of .
News & Articles
- DePuy Orthopaedics Fracture of Device: LPS Lower Extremity Dovetail
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently released a safety alert for certain orthopedic devices manufactured by the DePuy Orthopedics company. The LPS Lower Extremity Dovetail Intercalary Component, intended to replace the middle shaft, top, bottom, or total femur in cases of resection, was recalled due to potential fracture of the implant’s female dovetail component. [...]
Aug. 30, 2013 - Injury Board
- BioTime Receives Approval to Begin Human Clinical Trials of Renevia
BioTime, Inc. today announced that it has received approval from The Spanish Agency of Medicines and Medical Devices to begin human clinical trials of Renevia™, a unique biomaterial used as a delivery matrix for autologous adipose derived cells to treat the loss of subcutaneous adipose tissue arising from trauma, surgical resection, and congenital defects and disease.
Aug. 28, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Johns Hopkins in Medicexchange
The report by Cykert et al reaffirms the disturbing fact that blacks with stage I or II non-small cell lung cancer are less likely than whites to undergo potentially curative surgical resection, and also provides important and somewhat unsettling... George Washington http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHlR73_aS-hqhQbIXffoK2xHCOhvg ModernMedicine http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.modernmedicine.com/modernmedicine/Modern%2BMedicine%2BNow/Vitamin-B6-Methionine-Linked-to-Lower-Lung-Cancer-/ArticleNewsFeed/Article/detail/674479%3FcontextCategoryId%3D40142&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG6VSD6fFuLIRz Jun 15, 2010
82998 110587 resection In the current study, the high rate of pelvic recurrence following hepatic resection of liver metastases in patients with a rectal primary has important implications, as it serves to emphasize that adequate therapy of both pelvic and hepatic...