- n authorizing subordinates to make certain decisions
- n the act of assigning (someone or something) to a particular class or category
- n mild banishment; consignment to an inferior position
- Signed last year in a high-profile deal by Arsenal in England's Premiership, the 22-year-old midfielder saw little action and suffered the ignominy of relegation to the club's .
- Reporter Gill's prescription for Protestantism: "Mission must be rescued from its relegation to one special vocation and reinhabited as the basic description of all Christian life.
- Despite the Mormon Church's relegation of Negroes to second-class status, Romney, a faithful churchgoer who tithes his salary and abstains from liquor, caffeine and cigarettes, has .
News & Articles
- Soccer-Aston Villa make fifth signing as Luna joins
June 20 (Reuters) - Aston Villa made their fifth signing of the European summer on Thursday when they recruited Spanish left back Antonio Luna from Sevilla. Luna, 22, who as a boy idolised Brazilian Roberto Carlos, agreed a three-year contract with the Birmingham club which escaped relegation last season thanks to a late surge in form, finishing 15th. He was an Under-20 international player. ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Sports
- Newell's Old Boys seal Argentine title
The Rosario based outfit has won the league for the first time in nine years after fighting against relegation just one year ago.
June 19, 2013 - Goal.com via Yahoo! Sports
- Soccer-Independiente suffer relegation for first time
* Independiente finish in bottom three of relegation table * Pay for mismanagement over three years like River Plate * Record seven Libertadores Cup crowns a distant memory (Adds quotes, detail, background) By By Luis Ampuero BUENOS AIRES, June 15 (Reuters) - Record seven times South American champions Independiente became the second major Argentine team in two years to be relegated for the ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Rafael Benitez in Irish Times
Tottenham are currently bottom of the Barclays Premier League with just two points from eight matches, but Benitez said: "Spurs have enough quality to be much higher. I do not see them fighting against relegation right to the end. They have enough...
- Sam Allardyce in Jakarta Globe
It'sa huge relief from a mental point of view,Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce said. "People are talking about relegation all the time when you're in that position. So we're relieved to be out of that position for a bit. Relegation is not...