- n one whose work is to refine a specific thing
he was a sugar refiner
- To that figure the refiner is allowed to add a margin varying in size to cover processing costs and profit.
- He was the first with the most the pioneer who was also the supreme refiner.
- Lynn Westfall, chief economist of refiner Tesoro Corp.
News & Articles
- Ethanol Supplies Fall as Production Slows
Ethanol inventory levels slipped lower after bouncing higher the previous week. This lower inventory comes as ethanol production slows for the first week in June and refiner and blender inputs increased.
June 12, 2013 - DTN / The Progressive Farmer
- Idemitsu to Expand Singapore Oil Unit Amid Vietnam Refinery Plan
Idemitsu Kosan Co., the Japanese refiner that closed 23 percent of processing capacity since 2003, will boost crude and oil-products trading in Singapore as it expands its business overseas.
June 11, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Idemitsu Seeks Stake in Canadian Gas Field to Secure Supplies
Idemitsu Kosan Co., Japan’s third- biggest oil refiner, is seeking a stake in a natural gas field in Canada to secure supplies for a proposed export plant in the country that will ship the fuel back home.
June 10, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Richard Blumenthal in Forbes
In the 1980s refiner capacity averaged 77.6 percent which allowed for easy increases in production to address shortages,Blumenthal said at a recent hearing. "In the 1990s as the industry closed refineries ...... refinery capacity rose to...
- Steve Fielding in Sydney Morning Herald
This would allow the ACCC to show the public the relationship between refiner margins and retail prices so we can name and shame the companies where price gouging is occurring,Senator Fielding said.
- Greg Stumbo in WCPO
Today Kentucky becomes the first state in the nation to file suit protecting its citizens against price gouging by a major oil refiner,said Attorney General Stumbo. "Following an 18-month investigation, my Consumer Protection and Rate...