- n a substance capable of bringing about the reduction of another substance as it itself is oxidized; used in photography to lessen the density of a negative or print by oxidizing some of the loose silver
- n pipefitting that joins two pipes of different diameter
- Much better to try healthy anxiety reducers like deep breathing, exercise, yoga or meditation.
- It started out as a painkiller and fever reducer, but in recent decades we have learned that aspirin can also reduce the risk of heart attacks and help prevent strokes.
- This year it killed at least two overeager fat-reducers (PTI, April 30).