- n North Atlantic rockfish
- n large edible fish found off coast of United States from Massachusetts to Mexico
- n male salmon that has recently spawned
- The spicy dish known as blackened redfish has virtually disappeared from Cajun restaurants.
- Its most overrated specialty, blackened redfish, is a culinary travesty.
- Some fish, such as striped bass and redfish, are recovering because of catch limits.
News & Articles
- Where are they biting?
• NORTH SABINE: Trout are fair to good under birds and pods of shad on soft plastics. Redfish are good under rafts of shad on topwaters. Trout are good while working deep shell on plastics.
June 19, 2013 - Baytown Sun
- Outdoors report: June 17
Outdoors report: June 17 Southwesterly winds have stained water, but live shrimp under a cork has coaxed fish to bite. Guide Robert Sloan reported good catches of redfish at the jetty. Patrick Lemire reported a boat limit of red snapper aboard the Capt. John. South to southeasterly winds from 13 to 20 mph with 3 to 5 foot seas are expected today and Tuesday. Fair skies are forecast each day.
June 17, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Stephen Peterman in DetNews.com
We were doing the same thing, fishing for redfish,Peterman said. "And one day we were gonna go out into deep water to fish for tuna, but the weather was too bad. We were kind of debating it, 'Should we go?' The boats down there are about...