- n exploring in order to gain information
- v explore, often with the goal of finding something or somebody
- His real assignment reportedly was to work with the CIA in reconnoitering the American hostages in Lebanon and then, if feasible, to lead a daring raid that would rescue them.
- By day, reconnoitering army helicopters whirred at treetop level.
- Maybe that someone was reconnoitering with accomplices who worked on the planes, who could plant weapo ns onboard.
News & Articles
- Breaking News: Flooding traps at least one person in Silent Valley
Share/BookmarkUPDATE 5 P.M. Radio traffic indicates significant receding of the water levels. The Cal Fire Incident Commander has released the swift water teams and is reconnoitering the area. UPDATE 4:40 P.M. At least one person is trapped in a recreational vehicle surrounded by fast moving water. Another person may also be trapped. The swift water [...]
Aug. 30, 2013 - Idyllwild Town Crier