- n a cellular structure that is postulated to exist in order to mediate between a chemical agent that acts on nervous tissue and the physiological response
- n an organ having nerve endings (in the skin or viscera or eye or ear or nose or mouth) that respond to stimulation
- In the lab, Weiss found that the African-specific receptor, called DARC, or duffy antigen receptor for chemokines, also interacted with HIV: the receptor binds to a wide array of .
- The receptor array is massively complex, with at least 40 sites known to play a role in carrying feelings of hunger or satiation and 30 more that probably do.
- Antiandrogen drugs, like bicalutamide, work by binding to the androgen receptors on prostate-cancer cells, chemically preventing the hormones from interacting with the tumor.
- Ian Wilson in RxPG NEWS
Recent research suggests that nicotinic alpha-7 receptor agonists may improve the abnormal electrophysiological responses associated with schizophrenia. This trial will evaluate whether we can use these responses as biomarkers to predict or assess... Stephen Murray http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Murray&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFV_He9x19T82pJoWIofoYX6e_eHg SYS-CON Media http://www.google.com/url?q=http://uk.sys-con.com/node/788716&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEjGm6ZwEvDoCT42rPZ-bIVQVV9Gw Dec 24, 2008
81047 108922 receptor Our recombinant approach to the structural analysis of the Viet04 virus showed that when we inserted HA mutations that had already been shown to shift receptor preference in H3 HAs to the human respiratory tract, the mutations increased receptor...
- Paul Greengard in News-Medical.net
Blocking the dopamine D1 receptor is not a treatment option for L-DOPA-induced side effects, since it would diminish the therapeutic efficiency of L-DOPA,says Greengard, who is Vincent Astor Professor and head of the Laboratory of Molecular...