- n a refund of some fraction of the amount paid
- n a rectangular groove made to hold two pieces together
- v give a reduction in the price during a sale
- v cut a rebate in (timber or stone)
- v join with a rebate
rebate the pieces of timber and stone
- Tax-rebate checks of $100 to $200 each are now on their way to or already in the hands of nearly 40 million people (out of a total of 70 million who will eventually receive them .
- In fact, if the rebates on computer prices were significant enough --a computer could cost the government $1000 initially, but have a $500 rebate-- Dell could keep the price of .
- Toby Talbot AP Offering rebates of up to $4,500 to folks trading in their gas guzzlers for new, more fuel-efficient cars, the program has been everything a stimulus package ought .
News & Articles
- Toilet rebate program crosses the border
John Locke, Sierra Vista Lowe's store manager, left, and Todd Sherwood, assistant store manager, unload about 30 used toilets on Friday. These commodes will soon make their way down to Naco, Sonora, after being cleaned up at Lowes, as part of The Cochise Water Project's toilet rebate program. (Beatrice Richardson • Herald/Review) SIERRA VISTA — The Cochise Water Project and its partners are on ...
June 16, 2013 - The Sierra Vista Herald
- Web site created for alleged Pilot rebate scam
A Dallas-based legal consultant created a web site to reach out to Pilot Flying-J customers who believe they were cheated out of money in an alleged rebate scam.
June 15, 2013 - WATE 6 Knoxville
- Sales tax rebate up for April
Though it wasn’t quite as hefty as March’s record sales tax rebate, the New Braunfels’ April refund continued the trend of strong returns on local sales.
June 13, 2013 - The New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung
- Max Baucus in 940 News
But Democratic Senator Max Baucus of Montana, chairman of the Senate finance ommittee, said: "Discretion is the better part of valour. The best thing for us to do is declare a big victory that we've achieved, namely getting the rebate cheques to 20...
- Barack Obama in San Francisco Chronicle
This rebate will be enough to offset the increased cost of gas for a working family over the next four months,Obama said in the crucial swing state of Florida.
- Nancy Pelosi in News 10NBC
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., agreed that people "need this rebate to cope with the rising cost of gas and groceries."