- n a difficult entangling situation
- n filthy run-down dilapidated housing
- n a trap for catching rats
- As in any fun house, the pleasures here are as subtle as a rattrap sprung on a boy's foot.
- The 110 works were mainly photographs of the obvious sort, but one contributor provided an actual rattrap sprung on an unfortunate male, and one mysteriously offered a collection .
- Gascar's notion of the universe as a giant rattrap leaves his characters with their necks perpetually broken, like the heroes of Dreiser and O'Neill, and with the same clenched .