- n climbing palm of Sri Lanka and southern India remarkable for the great length of the stems which are used for malacca canes
- n the stem of various climbing palms of the genus Calamus and related genera used to make wickerwork and furniture and canes
- n a switch made from the stems of the rattan palms
- Given its associations with decaying hill stations and hippy hovels, rattan furniture has not traditionally had good press.
- On a fine, Monday morning, the women of Tembi gather in a pleasant pavilion in the center of town to construct nested rattan boxes for Marshall Field's, the Chicago-based .
- Woven rattan baskets, bamboo ladders and other simple items sold well.
News & Articles
- Design picks: wicker accessories
Wicker and rattan add a natural-but-classic look to a design scheme. Wicker and rattan home accessories have come quite a long way. Now these materials are being used for modern, fashionable, even...
July 2, 2013 - KFJX Pittsburg