- n (mountaineering) a descent of a vertical cliff or wall made by using a doubled rope that is fixed to a higher point and wrapped around the body
- v lower oneself with a rope coiled around the body from a mountainside
- After the amputation, he told rescuers, he used his remaining arm to rappel 50 to 75 ft.
- Instead, here is a quote from their inevitable love affair: "A cheese strand dangled from her mouth to the edge of her left nipple, and I wanted to rappel it like a mozzarella .
- Under a midday sun that has temperatures rising higher than 105, commandos rappel down the side of a building.
News & Articles
- Make-A-Wish Foundation sending Austinites 'over the edge' for charity
In this "Active Now," YNN's Jess Mitchell speaks with a spokesperson for the Make-A-Wish Foundation about Austin Over the Edge, a program in which regular Austinities can rappel down the side of a skyscraper to raise money for charity.
June 15, 2013 - YNN Austin
- Hidden River Cave adding zipline, rappelling
HORSE CAVE, Ky. (AP) — Visitors to Hidden River Cave in south-central Kentucky will soon have opportunities for new zipline and rappelling adventures. The new offerings will begin this coming Saturday. Adventure seekers will be able to zip over the top of the cave entrance or rappel down the rock face entrance to Hidden River Cave. Cave tours will still be offered, and all packages include ...
June 10, 2013 - WHAS TV11 Louisville