- n water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere
- n drops of fresh water that fall as precipitation from clouds
- n anything happening rapidly or in quick successive
a rain of bullets
- v precipitate as rain
If it rains much more, we can expect some flooding
- After lo, these many years, most meteorologists remain baffled by a couple of apparently simple questions: "Why does it rain?" and "Why does it snow?".
- When the Northwest skies finally cleared along the West Coast after nearly two feet of rain fell on the region, hundreds of thousands of people were without power, at least five .
- Washed-out roads and flooded interstate highways around Atlanta added to the misery Tuesday after days of torrential rain in the Southeast that claimed at least eight lives.
News & Articles
- Rain helps firefighters tame Colorado blaze
By Keith Coffman COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Reuters) - Rain and calmer winds helped firefighters tame a deadly wildfire ranked as Colorado's most destructive on record as authorities reported making significant headway on Friday in curtailing a blaze that has destroyed nearly 420 homes outside Colorado Springs. The fire has charred roughly 24 square miles of rolling, wooded terrain northeast of ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Rain Bird Online Store Giveaway to Treat Dads with Backyard Watering Gadgets
Rain Bird is celebrating Father’s Day by giving three lucky dads water-efficient drip irrigation kits from the Rain Bird Online Store, beginning this Father’s Day weekend and running through the end of June.
June 14, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Rain delays play between South Africa and West Indies
(Reuters) - Rain delayed the start of play scheduled for 0930 GMT in the Champions Trophy Group B match between South Africa and West Indies in Cardiff on Friday. The winners will qualify for next week's semi-finals but if there is no play South Africa will advance because of their superior run rate.
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Peace FM Online
I was down there a month ago, before most of these talking heads were even paying attention to the gulf. A month ago I was meeting with fishermen down there, standing in the rain talking about what a potential crisis this could be,Obama said,...
- Phil Mickelson in Lewiston Sun Journal
I think it's the best US Open set up that I've seen,Mickelson said. "The one area of concern I have is the greens. They're so small and they're so firm that, given there's not any forecast for rain, I'm certainly concerned that we could...
- Darren Clarke in The Associated Press
It wasn't torrential, heavy rain. It was just torrential rain,Clarke said. "If you're from Ireland, there's a difference. We knew it was going to be very hard and the forecast was poor. It was just tough to play in it. Par was a good score...