- r in a radioactive manner
- The crippled reactor itself was unapproachable--too hot from the fire ravaging it, too dangerous radioactively.
- Finally, if specific surface characteristics of cells are found to be associated with only certain types of cancer, radioactively tagged antibodies could be sent to find the cells .
- When it slowly decays radioactively, it yields protoactinium 231 and thorium 230, both of which attach themselves to sediment particles and sink slowly to the bottom.
News & Articles
- Scientists in Lead get closer to finding dark matter
Because the environment is so radioactively quiet, Gaitskell and other researchers at the Sanford Underground Research Facility in Lead may be able to detect weakly interacting massive particles, or WIMPs, which are the leading theoretical candidates for dark matter.
Oct. 31, 2013 - KOTA Rapid City
- What A Boeing 777 Looks Like Under An X–Ray
British photographer Nick Veasey sometimes dreams in X–ray. His new book, X–Ray: See Through the World Around You , is a collection of 205 radioactively beautiful photographs of everyday objects, nature, and the human body in action. Veasey tells Co.Design, "I love the medium because in an often superficial world, it strips away all the superficial skin of the subject and concentrates on what it ...
Oct. 30, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine