- n a unit of weight equal to 100 kilograms
- n a United States unit of weight equivalent to 100 pounds
- One morning last fortnight, after a plentiful harvest, Castro loaded the first quintal (100 lbs.
- Examples: the Argentine Government bought up local wheat at $5 a metric quintal, sold some to Peruvians for $9, then gave a like amount to Argentine millers at $2.
News & Articles
- Stephane Quintal: Safety first
CHICAGO — Bruins fans who’ve been around for a while will fondly recall defenseman Stephane Quintal, a B’s first-round pick in 1987 who spent his first four NHL seasons with the team before being traded to St. Louis in the deal that brought Adam Oates to Boston. Quintal went on to play 1,037 regular-season games over 16 seasons with six different clubs.
June 23, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Sharad Pawar in Indian Express
The wheat price (under Open Market Sale Scheme) has been reduced by nearly Rs 200 a quintal from the price fixed earlier,Food Minister Sharad Pawar told reporters here on Tuesday.
- Lalu Prasad in Hindu
The MSP for wheat has been fixed at Rs 1,080 a quintal,Railway Minister Lalu Prasad said after a meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on Wednesday.
- Matthew Broderick in Hollywood Reporter
It is reported that the CACP (Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices) has recommended an MSP of Rs. 1,000 per quintal for wheat in the coming season. Paddy growers, however, will get Rs.645 per quintal for the common variety and Rs.675 per... LK Advani http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lal_Krishna_Advani&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHjrGuscylMGBZnAHhoRj05FbmgXQ TopNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.topnews.in/lk-advani-writes-pm-over-growing-unrest-among-paddy-growers-24136&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEgruI7wvjQDbbufIBZLCVskZGY-g Oct 21, 2007
79715 107457 quintessential The world has lost not only a quintessential filmmaker whose influence will be felt for generations, but a great and decent man," Culkin said.