- n an evasion of the point of an argument by raising irrelevant distinctions or objections
- n the essence that makes something the kind of thing it is and makes it different from any other
- Quick to give quip and quiddity is the present Captain of the Yeomen of the Guard, William Henry Grenfell, Baron Desborough of Taplow, famed afterdinner speaker, chairman of .
- I Live Under a Black Sun, her first novel, combines all these quiddity qualities.
- In a time when many serious playwrights are hell-bent on reducing life's dilemmas to their sparest parts, panhandling for quiddity, Edgar and Directors Trevor Nunn and John .