- n a line of people or vehicles waiting for something
- n (information processing) an ordered list of tasks to be performed or messages to be transmitted
- n a braid of hair at the back of the head
- v form a queue, form a line, stand in line
- One of the more thought-provoking sights of Manhattan is the great holiday queue that formsrain, sleet or snowat Radio City Music Hall, the winding, four-abreast line of .
- The dole queue was forming, and first in line for the bailout were those who we assumed knew all about making money.
- Under the reign of George VI, Britons learned to queuetediously and inevitablyfor food, for fun, for clothing, for travel, for life's necessities and life's rewards.
News & Articles
- Special Report: Egypt's Brotherhood turns to flour power
By Tom Perry and Abdel Rahman Youssef ALEXANDRIA (Reuters) - The bread queue can be a dangerous and dishonest place in Egypt. People have killed over state-subsidized loaves. Corruption blights much of the trade. The problems, says the ruling Muslim Brotherhood, are why it has introduced a new way to deliver bread - safely and cleanly - from bakeries to homes. ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Istanbul protesters fear what a new day will bring
ISTANBUL -- It’s dawn and tea pots bubble above low flames. Faces appear, poking out from tents, with reddened eyes. The first cigarettes of the day are lit, their tips glowing orange. Smart phones glow as people queue in an exhausted haze, waiting for a breakfast of coffee, bread and cheese.
June 13, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- The haps of Bonnaroo's Comedy Tent
Grand LOL Party Bonnaroo's comedy tent is air conditioned, but the limited, first-come-first-served seating means you have to queue up in zero shade (hours) before a particular set:… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 13, 2013 - Nashville Scene
- Brendan Barber in WalesOnline
Green shoots mean little when thousands of people a day are joining the dole queue,said Mr Barber. "Bumper bonuses are an obscene joke when it was our money that rescued the banks and it is our public services that are now being told they...
- Vice President Dick Cheney in Sydney Morning Herald
Mr Hicks is near the head of the queue,Mr Cheney said. "It's a judicial process. We can't influence it. That would be a violation of the procedure. But I do expect that in the not too distant future that ...... will get resolved. I can...
- Michael Owen in Sportinglife.com
Owen added: "I shall cling to the hope I can play for England but people must accept that Newcastle have to come first at the moment. They pay my wages and I have missed far too many games since joining them to put them at the back of the queue as...