- n Atlantic coast round clams with hard shells; large clams usually used for chowders or other clam dishes
- n an edible American clam; the heavy shells were used as money by some American Indians
- Estimated age, in years, of a quahog clam found off the coast of Iceland.
- Sox Manager "Marse Joe" McCarthy, who could teach taciturnity to a quahog, agrees it will be a tough race.
News & Articles
- Celeb chef to host this year's Quahog Day on the Cape
Quahog Day - Cape Cod's colorful, somewhat eccentric answer to Groundhog Day - is just a week away. It's then we'll know how many weeks of beach weather we'll get this summer on the Cape. Doug the Quahog, sitting in a red velvet-lined clamming basket, delivers the official prediction to his human sidekick, Johnny Quahog - affectionately known as the Secretary General of the Quahog Republic. This ...
June 14, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Seth MacFarlane in San Jose Mercury News
The theory is that in this alternate parallel cartoon universe, Quahog and Langley (on 'American Dad') and Stoolbend all exist in the same universe,MacFarlane said.