- n any of various fungi of the family Lycoperdaceae whose round fruiting body discharges a cloud of spores when mature
- n any of various fungi of the genus Scleroderma having hard-skinned subterranean fruiting bodies resembling truffles
- Her enemiesthere is an ample supplydismiss her as vulgar, venal, vindictive and untrustworthy, a puffball of bluff.
- Said one pro: "On other courses a puffball hitter can get hot, but here you've got to play four days, and you've got to be a bull.
- Pierre's particular prey were the pouting little imitators of Brigitte Bardot, with puffball hairdos and ambitions to become starlets or models.
News & Articles
- 8 Beauty Products To Beat The Heat & Keep You Cool (This Weekend & Beyond!)
Nothing's worse than spending hours to paint your face, putting together that perfect outfit, and taming your mane only to leave the house and turn into a sweaty puffball from the summer heat. Luckily, there are ways to get around sweating your life away. For instance... More »
July 5, 2013 - The Atlanta Post
- Nicolas Roeg in Belfast Telegraph
Roeg says: "Puffball is a strange film about chance meetings. It is difficult to categorise because it is not a genre film. I could identify with it as soon as I read the script. I hope it won't be judged as just as a horror film or a love story -...
- Alan Clark in guardian.co.uk
More than a decade ago Alan Clark called him "a puffball ...... that pudgy life-insurance risk," but Clark died in 1999 and Ken remains with us, pudgier than ever but still defying the actuaries.