- n a member of any of about two dozen Native American peoples called `Pueblos' by the Spanish because they live in pueblos (villages built of adobe and rock)
- n a city in Colorado to the south of Colorado Springs
- n a communal village built by Indians in the southwestern United States
- And in 1957 they passed a strict ordinance designed to preserve their traditional pueblo Indian and Spanish colonial styles.
News & Articles
- Laguna Pueblo unveils broadband project
LAGUNA PUEBLO (AP) — Laguna Pueblo is working with Sacred Wind Communications to bring Internet service to the central New Mexico tribe. The high-speed broadband project was first unveiled last... Read more »
June 12, 2013 - Albuquerque Journal
- Pueblo County warns of phone scam
Over the past month, a Pueblo County man has received as many as 37 calls a day informing him of a grand prize winning.
June 11, 2013 - FOX21 Colorado Springs
- Isleta Pueblo man pleads guilty in fatal car crash
(AP) — Authorities say an Isleta Pueblo man has pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in connection with a 2012 car accident. Prosecutors say 34-year-old James Anzara pleaded guilty Tuesday at... Read more »
June 11, 2013 - Albuquerque Journal
- Leonel Fernandez in CNNMoney.com (press release)
Pueblo Viejo represents the largest project in the history of the Dominican Republic, as such it is a clear indication of the trust and confidence that foreign investors have in our country's government, institutions and rule of law,said...
- Joe Biden in Kansas City Star
Noting that on Wednesday he was in Pueblo, Colorado, Biden said, "Pueblo is as patriotic as North Carolina. Delaware is as patriotic as North Carolina. ...... There are heroes all over America."
- Wayne Allard in MyFox Spokane
Since the USS Pueblo bears the name of the town of Pueblo, Colo., many in our state want to see the vessel returned to its proper home,Allard wrote in last year a letter to Rice.