- r with little or no delay
the rescue squad arrived promptly
- r in a punctual manner
he did his homework promptly
- r at once (usually modifies an undesirable occurrence)
he promptly forgot the address
- The 58-year-old Texan, the Southern Baptist Convention's main man in Washington, recalls that the Reagan Administration returned his calls promptly; the first Bush White House less .
- Delta wasn't amused and promptly fired her.
- Ral, 75, "provisionally" succeeded the gravely ailing Fidel last July, promptly demonstrating a laid-back style and commitment to pragmatic economic policies.
News & Articles
- Corrections and clarifications
The Advocate wants to correct promptly any error in fact or clarify any misleading information we publish. To report any error or need for clarification, please call 361-574-1222.
June 13, 2013 - The Victoria Advocate
- Parking info corrected
The Muscatine Journal strives for accuracy and will promptly publish corrections when warranted. To report an error, call the newsroom at 563- 262-0529 or toll free at 1-800-383-3198, ext. 529; or e-mail requests to email@example.com (include your name and phone number for verification).
June 13, 2013 - Muscatine Journal
- Join us for our live 4 p.m. newsroom meeting
Our staff at the Register Citizen will hold our LIVE newsroom meeting today starting promptly at 4 p.m. The public is invited to sit-in either in person or via chat for every meeting. The live meetings are a chance for our readers to tell us what they want to see us cover, what we need to give more information about, or just let us know of an angle we missed on a story.
June 13, 2013 - The Register Citizen
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Reuters
In a letter to Obama, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger asked the president to "direct the US EPA to act promptly and favorably on California's reconsideration request, so that we may continue the critical work of reducing our greenhouse gas...
- Bud Selig in AFP
Senator Mitchell has assured me that Mr. Giambi's interview will be scheduled promptly,Selig said. "Once the interview process has concluded, I will take Mr. Giambi's level of cooperation into account in determining appropriate further...
- Robert Gates in The Age
Our ships and aircraft awaited country approval so they could act promptly to save thousands of lives -- approval of the kind granted by Indonesia immediately after the 2004 tsunami and by Bangladesh after a fierce cyclone just last November,...