- n the head of a religious order; in an abbey the prior is next below the abbot
- s earlier in time
- Demonstrators walk away from pepper gas released by police during a protest prior to the start of the G20 Pittsburgh Summit.
- The prior order "raises issues regarding possible infringement of protections afforded to the public by the First Amendment," he said.
- Although most obstetricians are disinclined to schedule c-sections prior to 39 weeks, they still feel pressured by their patients to do so.
- Judd Gregg in MarketWatch
Prior to accepting this post, we had discussed these and other potential differences, but unfortunately we did not adequately focus on these concerns,said Gregg in a statement.
- David Stern in ESPN
From David Stern's statement: "Joey Crawford's handling of this situation failed to meet the standards of professionalism and game management we expect of NBA referees," said Stern. "Especially in light of similar prior acts by this official,...
- Alex Rodriguez in SI.com
It became clear to me that I needed to make an attempt to engage the Yankees regarding my future with the organization,Rodriguez said in a statement. "Prior to entering into serious negotiations with other clubs, I wanted the opportunity...