- n an infant that is born prior to 37 weeks of gestation
- Some experts predict that as the number of preemie survivors climbs, the population of kids with CP will move in lockstep.
- The preemie delivered by caesarean has an especially urgent need for efficient lung-clearing reflexes, be cause the fluid in his lungs at the moment of delivery is al most certain .
- Medina says it created a unique bond with her niece, a preemie who needed breast milk to grow.
News & Articles
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye Need To ‘Focus’ On Preemie, Dr. Oz Says
Kim Kardashian’s premature baby was the subject of celebrity Dr. Oz’s concern this week after the little girl appeared to arrive five weeks early on Saturday following a night out. Dr. Oz says Kim Kardashian’s baby girl — who made the surprise early entrance only if Kim was not fudging her due date to avoid... Read more » Kim Kardashian, Kanye Need To ‘Focus’ On Preemie, Dr. Oz Says is a post ...
June 17, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Stay at Home Dad
Michael Down works at home, on his art and taking care of sons Jack and Charlie and the family dog Buddy. Jack was born a “micro-preemie,” weighing less than 2 pounds at birth. His prematurity caused hydrocephalus, cerebral palsy, a heart valve issue, structural issues with his stomach as well as reflux , and some eye problems. read more
June 16, 2013 - IlliniHQ.com
- Triplets are '3 little miracles'
Paisley Anne Clifford is barely the length of her daddy's forearm. That's where the preemie fits s ...
June 15, 2013 - Hutchinson News
- Jim Bob Duggar in msnbc.com
Dr. Arrington told us to never trust a preemie,says Jim Bob, quoting Josie's attending physician, Dr. Robert Arrington, co-director of the hospital's neonatal intensive care unit. "That is really true."
- Paul Petersen in CBS News
The octuplets "were born eight weeks premature," Petersen told "Early Show" co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez Monday, "and I can't think of anything more dangerous to a preemie than putting them in an environment that exposes them to harsh lights...
- Adrian Dix in Canada.com
It is true that last year there was a significant increase in preemie babies, more than could have been reasonably expected, so we have to respond by increasing capacity,said Dix. "As long as this is going on -- as long as we have to...