- n abnormal state of pregnancy characterized by hypertension and fluid retention and albuminuria; can lead to eclampsia if untreated
- The results, presented last week at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Neurology, showed a link between migraine and everything from heart attack to preeclampsia.
- Gestational diabetes, hypertension and preeclampsia can all occur.
- Preliminary signs of diabetes in the mother or preeclampsia, a condition in which the mother becomes hypertensive, may lead a doctor to deliver a baby preterm.
News & Articles
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her 8-Month Preggo Bikini Body
Kim Kardashian better werk that baby bump! The uber-famous reality star was very comfortable in her pregnancy as she showed off a fierce bikini just days before she gave birth to her new baby girl. The same week, she was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with preeclampsia, which causes pregnancy-induced high blood pressure. [...]
June 21, 2013 - Necole Bitchie
- Detecting Preeclampsia
Preeclampsia is a condition that develops during pregnancy that can be life-threatening for mom and baby. But a mom from...
June 19, 2013 - WNEP 16 Pennsylvania
- Preeclampsia could be the cause of Kim Kardashian's early delivery
Kim Kardashian ’s early delivery may have been the result of preeclampsia, a condition common with high blood pressure. read more
June 19, 2013 - TheCelebrityCafe.com
- Winston Churchill in Health Behavior News Service
From this review, no clear benefits have been found from the use of diuretics to prevent preeclampsia,Churchill said.
- Bjorn in Washington Post
If you have had preeclampsia, you should be aware that you are at increased risk for renal and cardiovascular disease, and you should try to reduce that risk,said study author Dr. Bjorn Vikse, a researcher at the University of Bergen in Norway.
- Elias Zerhouni in Seattle Times
This finding appears to be an important step in developing a cure for preeclampsia,said Dr. Elias Zerhouni, director of the National Institutes of Health.