- n a dehydrogenated analogue of cortisol (trade names Orasone or Deltasone or Liquid Pred or Meticorten); used as an anti-inflammatory drug in the treatment of arthritis and as an immunosuppressant
- Then it found two, prednisolone and prednisone.
- But treatment with a steroid, prednisone, failed to cure her vision problems.
- The most powerful anti-inflammatory drugs we have are the corticosteroids like prednisone.
News & Articles
- Actavis Confirms Generic Rayos® Patent Challenge
PARSIPPANY, N.J., Aug. 27, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Actavis, Inc. (NYSE: ACT) today confirmed that it has filed an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) seeking approval to market Prednisone Delayed-release Tablets, 1 mg, 2 mg and 5...
Aug. 27, 2013 - PR Newswire
- St Ambrose in San Francisco Chronicle
Prednisone is not a drug you want to take long-term,agreed Dr. Peter Ambrose, a clinical pharmacist at UCSF who has worked as a doping control officer for the Olympics. "It can stunt your growth. It can lead to osteoporosis, a thinning of...
- Joseph Mercola in PR Web (press release)
Dr. Mercola explains, "I can recall using EFT with a new patient with rheumatoid arthritis who had been taking 60 mg of prednisone for her severe joint pain. She described the pain in her feet as if someone had stuck a butcher knife in them. The...