- n a painter or drawer of portraits
- The work of the legendary portraitist is celebrated at a centenary exhibit at Boston's Museum of Fine Arts.
- The most fashionable portraitist now active is Ren Bouch (rhymes with touch).
- Art: John Singleton Copley 's American work shows how, with grit and talent, he became the colonies' finest portraitist.
News & Articles
- Caddell, noted portraitist, dies at 91
Local portraitist Foster Caddell, whose successful art school made the small town a destination for aspiring artists nationwide for half a century, died Sunday at 91.
June 6, 2013 - The Norwich Bulletin
- Martin Lawrence in Telegraph.co.uk
Brenda Klippel, director of Martin Lawrence Galleries in Los Angeles, which has a large collection of Warhols, said: "Warhol was always a portraitist and fascinated with anyone of fame or fortune, anyone in the public eye. He wanted all of his...
- Walter Sickert in guardian.co.uk
The portraits in this show provide a rare opportunity to revise old prejudices and make restitution to the shades of the man Walter Sickert called "the greatest portraitist of this or any other time".
- Robert Storr in South Asian Women's Forum
ROME (AFP) - "Operating from a small studio on one of the busiest streets of central Bamako, the capital of Mali, Sidibe has been the signal portraitist of his city and nation," said Biennale director Robert Storr in a written statement.