- n decoration consisting of a ball of tufted wool or silk; usually worn on a hat
- n dusky grey food fish found from Louisiana and Florida southward
- Though the task force suggested that boozy frat and tailgate parties should go too, it's the threatened pompon ban that has the campus stirred up.
- In the Casa Rosada's White Salon (which is light blue), grenadiers in uniforms of the Napoleonic periodred pompon-topped shakos, blue tunics, red-striped trouserslined the .
- Easily recognized by the red pompon on their blue caps, the sailors strolled arm in arm up down Broadway; they crowded the tiny French restaurants in the East Fifties, chatting .