- To the villagers of Correggio she was known as a poetess and fortune teller; lovelorn women came up the canal path to her whitewashed door, with a few coppers for the cards.
- Poetess Naidu is still rich, still a potent poetess, but the slender, bashful Victorian maiden has become a matron with grown children who now devotes her large person and her vast .
- With these lines, a Belgian poetess registered her protest against Fellow Poetess Pierette Micheloud, of Vex, Switzerland, who insisted on puffing away at a long-stemmed, elegant .
News & Articles
- Readington teacher pens poetry book
READINGTON TWP. - Emily Bengels, a teacher in the Readington Middle School’s Gifted and Talented program, can now add “poetess” to her ever-growing list of accomplishments.
July 14, 2013 - Hunterdon Review
- AR Rahman in Mumbai Newsline
Man Mohana is a devotional song picturised on Aishwarya's character, Jodhaa. The lyrics and the composition are inspired by the bhajans and poetry of Meera, the renowned poetess from Akbar's era,adds Rahman.
- Alice Walker in Atlanta Journal Constitution
This effort for Walker began in her fifteenth year and culminated in the self-publication of "Poems of a Childhood Poetess," a remarkable volume of her earliest poetry, many written in her own hand, a volume she dedicated, again most remarkably,...
- Ted Hughes in The Age
In 1956, Ted Hughes wrote to tell his sister about the "first-rate American poetess" he had met.