- n abnormal presence of air in the pleural cavity resulting in the collapse of the lung; may be spontaneous (due to injury to the chest) or induced (as a treatment for tuberculosis)
- Such an accident is called pneumothorax.
- The operation artificial pneumothoraxis by no means new.
- In artificial pneumothorax a hollow needle is inserted between two ribs.
News & Articles
- Building better mental health beyond policy
Last October I had a spontaneous pneumothorax. However, I refused to shift around my scrupulously organized schedule for something as trivial as a collapsed lung.
Feb. 19, 2014 - Columbia Daily Spectator
- Sharon D. Clarke in Metro
We do something a lot called a tension pneumothorax - it's when a person's lung has collapsed and we have to stick a long needle into the chest cavity to relieve the pressure,explains Sharon, who is known for playing the Killer Queen in...