- n the metal bob of a plumb line
- v drop sharply
The stock market plummeted
- Mark Lennihan AP Bank stocks have continued to plummet since the program was started in mid-October.
- During the long winter, temperatures there frequently plummet to 20 F or lower.
- Wang says the finless porpoise, another large cetacean native to the river, has also seen its population plummet because of shipping and hydrological engineering.
News & Articles
- Allocations in Emerging Markets Lowest Since 2008
Investor confidence in emerging markets is continuing to plummet, with a recent fund managers' survey showing that equity investment in the group of countries has fallen to its lowest level since December 2008.
June 19, 2013 - CNBC
- Will Facebook Continue to Plummet?
Will Facebook Continue to Plummet?
June 18, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Stock Up, Stock Down for Indians' Top 10 Prospects for Week of June 10
Cleveland Indians prospects are making their mark on the 2013 season as we approach the mid-way point of both the big league and minor league seasons. While some—like top prospect Francisco Lindor—have been stellar all season, others are just starting to come into their own. Then, there are those who are experiencing periods of prolonged struggle and are watching their stock plummet. With that ...
June 17, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- President Bush in New York Daily News
Tonight, more Americans are out of work and more are working harder for less. More of you have lost your homes and more are watching your home values plummet. More of you have cars you can't afford to drive, credit card bills you can't afford to... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA MarketWatch http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/obama-speech-glow-may-dim/story.aspx%3Fguid%3D%257BBA1BDAC4-E90C-4527-99C5-10AFBE0F4676%257D%26dist%3Dhplatest&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEQtyCMsQICCpESgVvs7yxqrOIbBw Aug 29, 2008
75394 101757 plummet More banks could fail, including some in your community. The stock market would drop even more, which would reduce the value of your retirement account.The value of your home could plummet. Foreclosures would rise dramatically. And if you own a...
- Kerry Killinger in Forbes
In the third quarter, a severe liquidity squeeze dried up mortgage financing......causing refinancings to slow, home sales to plummet, housing inventory to soar and prices to fall,Killinger said.