- n a heavy precious metallic element; grey-white and resistant to corroding; occurs in some nickel and copper ores and is also found native in some deposits
- In South Africa, where a platinum album means sales of 50,000 units, kwaito records regularly sell more than 100,000.
- A new nation-building force might be just what the military needs, writes joe Klein In His Next Lifetime After years of platinum hits, Jay-Z says he's retiring from rap.
- Her second, Like a Virgin, which includes five of her own songs, has gone quadruple platinum at 4.
- Jay Z in NobodySmiling.com
We have to respect each other's genre of music and move forward,says Jay-Z in a response that took about a month to reach the public. "From AFRIKA BAMBAATAA DJ-ing in the Bronx and RUN DMC going platinum, to JAZZY JEFF AND THE FRESH PRINCE...
- Fabio Capello in The Press Association
He added: "Goalkeepers make mistakes. This is part of football. You have to accept that. I decided on Green because he played very well in the last game against Platinum Stars and also against Mexico at Wembley, and in the second-half last night he...
- Robert Mugabe in International Herald Tribune
Many countries have oil, gold, diamond, copper, platinum - but we cannot put our acts together. We must unite not just politically but also economically,Mugabe said.