- n flesh of large European flatfish
- n large European food fish
- Other recommendations include a 32% cut in blue whiting, a 15% cut in North Sea plaice and sole, a 41% cut in North Sea herring, and a full closure of the Bay of Biscay for anchovy .
- England is farming plaice somewhat in the manner that trout rivers are restocked.
- By placing sole and plaice in water discharged from an atomic generator, they have raised the fish in six to eight months (v.
News & Articles
- Stratification determines the fate of fish stocks in the Baltic Sea
( Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel (GEOMAR) ) In the Baltic Sea, two cod stocks evolve independently. Also, the juveniles of two economically important flatfish species, flounder and plaice, live there within limited space. This is possible due to the different salinity within this inland sea. Scientists of GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel, Germany and the National ...
Feb. 19, 2014 - EurekAlert!