- n a person authorized to act for another
- n a symbol in a logical or mathematical expression that can be replaced by the name of any member of specified set
- The special TARP placeholder is a perfect example.
- But Blagojevich could also opt for a sort of placeholder figure to complete Obama's term and allow Democrats to find a long-term candidate for 2010.
- Some Members fear they will take a tough vote on a tax hike that will not survive the Senate and they think it is merely a placeholder to get through the House.
News & Articles
- Yahoo! acquires GhostBird Software, apps pulled from App Store
GhostBird Software is known for its KitCam camera app and PhotoForge , an image editing app that first hit the App Store in 2009. Late Wednesday afternoon, the Canadian company announced that it is closing its doors and joining the Flickr team at Yahoo! GhostBird's website is now just a placeholder with only the acquisition announcement gracing its front page. The company also pulled its two ...
June 13, 2013 - The Unofficial Apple Weblog
- French Open Tennis 2013: David Ferrer Will Surprise Fans vs. Rafael Nadal
The men's French Open final is considered nothing but a mere formality. If anything, Rafael Nadal just beat Novak Djokovic in the real title match, and David Ferrer is simply a placeholder to kill time before handing Nadal his eighth trophy at Roland Garros. Let's at least give Ferrer a fighting chance. Nadal is the undisputed favorite for a reason. The Spanish star has dominated the clay courts ...
June 9, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Rich Skrenta in Forbes
It was some dumb little practical joke,Skrenta, now 40, said in an interview. "I guess if you had to pick between being known for this and not being known for anything, I'd rather be known for this. But it's an odd placeholder for (all...
- Kent Conrad in Washington Post
This will be a placeholder year,Conrad said. "That's the reality."
- Barack Obama in The Age
We think the 250-billion-dollar placeholder is a pretty good estimate. We have no reason to revise that estimate that's in the budget,Obama said.